REC Room Peterson Bay Trip
THE REC Room is excited to announce we will be hosting an Ecology, Storytelling, and Mindfulness Bay Trip! Seeking teens who have never been across the
THE REC Room is excited to announce we will be hosting an Ecology, Storytelling, and Mindfulness Bay Trip!
Seeking teens who have never been across the bay for a 3 day/2 night retreat!
The REC Room is excited to take six youths ages 14-18 to the Center for Alaskan Coastal Studies Peterson Bay Field Station for a 3-day, 2-night retreat.
This is a no-cost trip! All food is provided and water taxi fees are covered.
We’ll be joined by a special community mentor, Skywalker Payne for an awesome storytelling workshop!
A registration form and permission slip must be submitted to be considered. Due to limited space, some applicants may not be able to attend.
To apply, visit homerrecroom.org or email Sierra at email@example.com. Below are some helpful links and our tentative boat schedule:
- Sign Up Google Form:
- Transportation form:
- Packing List: listed below.For each day of camp (3 nights, 2 days)For 3-day Peterson Bay Overnight (packed in a duffel/big backpack):
- Day Backpack
- Comfortable hiking shoes that can get dirty
- Water Bottle
- Warm layers
- Rain Jacket and Rain Pants
- Sunscreen and sunhat
- Sleeping Bag
- Comfortable hiking shoes or sneakers
- Rubber boots
- 1-2 Water Bottles
- Small Backpack for day-hiking
- Ballcap or Sun hat
- Small personal hand sanitizer
- Toiletries & Medication
- Clothes for 3 days (2 shirts, shorts, and pants) that can get dirty/wet ● WARM layers
- 2-3 extra socks (long and preferably wool)
- Towel and/or Washcloth
- Headlamp or Flashlight
- Book to read
- Journal (we will be making camp journals as well)
- Sandals to use at the field station
- Insect Repellent
- Swimsuit and towel
Please DO NOT bring:
- Electronics (other than cameras and flashlights)
- Knives, weapons, or explosives of any sort ● Drugs or alcohol
- Large amounts of money, jewelry, or other valuable items
Tentative boat schedule: *pending changes due to tides*
3:00 PM Meet at the REC Room
3:15 PM Check in at CACS Yurt on the Spit.
4:00-4:45 PM Depart Homer Harbor for Peterson Bay Field Station
3:30 pm Depart Peterson Bay Field Station for Homer Harbor
4:15 Arrive at Homer Harbor
4:25 Arrive at REC Room and get picked up.
Please contact Sierra with any questions by emailing her at firstname.lastname@example.org
june 11 (Sunday) - 13 (Tuesday)