Q&A: Where can I get help if I’m feeling depressed and thinking about self harm?

June 1, 2022

Q&A blog post logo

Q: Where can someone get help if they are feeling depressed and have thoughts of self harm?

A: This is something that a lot of people need to know, and it’s also something that can be hard to talk about, so let’s talk about it.

It’s actually pretty common to have these kinds of thoughts and feelings, and it’s important to know that if you do, you haven’t done anything wrong. There are professionals who have lots of experience dealing with these issues, and they can help.

These feelings are common, and you haven’t done anything wrong.

Homer has The Center (907-235-7701). There are also school nurses, and other private professionals around Homer. There is also a national hotline you can text whenever you are feeling like you might self-harm: text HOME to 741-741.

These feelings are not easy, and it can be hard to ask for help. But talking to someone you trust can make things easier, and everyone deserves that support.


Ask our Peer Educators:

Submit your anonymous questions online and connect with staff and peer educators. From sexual wellness to mental health to building healthy relationships, we’re here for it and encourage questions!
All submissions are anonymous and answers will be shared on our blog.