July 20, 2022
We are hiring y’all!
This position is open to teens 14-18 years old. This is a part-time role with up to 6 hours a week.
- Between 14 and 18 years old
- Genuine commitment to contributing to safety, well-being, and positive development of youth
- Willingness to be an effective employee and commit to performing duties
- Positive involvement in school and/or community, well-regarded by peers
- Able to maintain and respect the confidentiality
- Schedule flexibility to meet job requirements
- Transportation to and from work
Being a peer mentor is more than just being a role model.
About Peer Mentorship: The best fit for this position is for someone who goes out of their way to make others feel comfortable, and can confidently interact with a wide range of personalities. Peer Mentors develop skills in leadership, collaboration, active listening, planning, and resiliency, many of which can prove useful in future educational and career endeavors.
Responsible for implementation and assistance in afterschool programming, promoting emotional & social health, communication and outreach to peers, and staying up to date on current adolescent topics. Reports to REC Room Youth Program Manager, Peer Education Coordinator, and REC Room Coordinator.
If this sounds like a good fit for you and wants to develop leadership and resiliency skills that will serve you well in your future educational and career endeavors, click here and apply today!